Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Hello internet! After a long hiatus from the world of miniatures and wargaming I've decided to hop back in. I've played a wide range of games for decades but I only got interested in historical miniatures around 2005. With funds being tight at the time I started off with a few Airfix WWII armies before dabbling in some 20mm ancients.  I was still working on a pair of antagonists for some ancients battles when the birth of my son put wargaming on hold.

A few years have passed, things have been sorted out on the homefront and I find myself able to devote some time and energy to wargaming again. Wow! A lot has changed since I took a break. Plastics seem to be appearing left and right and ancients are going through a minor resurgence with the release of Impetus, Hail Caesar and Clash of Empires. Drooling over the Perry brothers' collections in Hail Caesar convinced me to switch scales from 20mm to 28mm and upgrade my terrain collection as well. Since I'd be kicking off a number of projects, I thought it might be a good idea to get a blog started to keep track of my progress. Hopefully there's something on here that will be useful to you in your own wargaming endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment