Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Spaniards Celebrating Saturnalia

"Bethlehem? Never heard of it. Do you need directions to Saguntum? They do a heck of a Saturnalia display."
Merry Christmas! It's been a bust few weeks, but I've managed to sneak in a few painting sessions. I've got a batch of ancient Iberians ready for matte varnish, but the weather is snowy and sleeting today, and not very conducive to outside spraying.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday. We spent time with friends and family and had a pleasant day at home on the 25th recuperating from the buildup to Christmas. My wife left a number of wargame presents under the tree which I'm looking forward to completing during our winter vacation. Her Numidians, Architects of War terrain and Flames of War figures will be making appearances on my blog soon. Did Santa drop any little lead men down your chimney this year?

3 comments:

  1. Nice work. Crusader Figures?

    No little men for me this year (nothing unusual there though,) the Mrs usually buys me something nerdly in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I'm painting up some Iberian Scutarii at the moment myself. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are indeed Crusader. Been following your progress Jonathan, your shields look great!

    ReplyDelete